When the weather turns colder and it is time to batten down the hatches, there is nothing I find more comforting than a proper bowl of homemade soup. Soup is such an easy and comforting thing to have bubbling away on the hob, and I struggle to justify tinned soup in anyway. All those additives and artificial flavourings are totally unnecessary when you can make a pot chock full of healthy vegetables taste so good, so easily. So I have this super easy and quick soup recipe for you, to prove how seriously simple, not to mind healthy, it can be to make at home.
Courgette and Parmesan Soup:
Serves 4, 2pp per person
- 1 tbsn olive oil
- 1 kg of courgettes, diced into chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500ml good chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fat free fromage frais or 0%fat greek yoghurt
- 50g fresh Parmesan, grated
- Heat a large, heavy based saucepan and add the olive oil to the pan.
- Once the oil is heated, add the garlic and courgette to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the courgette has started to soften.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot, bring to the boil and cook for approx 10 minutes, until the courgette is cooked.
- Take the pan off the heat, season with salt and pepper and the blitz the coup with a hand blender.
- Stir in the yoghurt and then blitz again. Stir in the Parmesan and stir until it has melted into the soup. Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper.